Welcome to the NKSD Middle School support personnel page!
This site offers useful tools and links on a broad range of topics that can be helpful for middle school students, teachers and families. Please check back regularly for updated resources and feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Crisis Intervention/Suicide Awareness
- This free hotline number (1-855-543-5465) connects parents and caregivers to children’s counseling and support services in Rhode Island.
- This site is a national teen dating violence abuse helpline. Facts and resources are available to download and use.
- The Rhode Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence is an agency that provides comprehensive emergency and support services to victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual violence and stalking. They are available 24/7 by phone.
- Day One Sexual Assault and Trauma Resource Center
- A good website for both parents and teens on facts and resources regarding dating violence and unhealthy relationships
- This site includes information about digital citizenship and internet safety https://www.isafeventures.com/about/
- A great site on digital/electronic harassment/abuse www.thatsnotcool.com
- Friends Way is a Community Bereavement Center in Rhode Island that assists children and teens ages 3-18 and their families at no cost.
- This site contains useful information related to grief support and tips
- This site contains a variety of resources and supports to assist with talking to children and young adults about dealing with death
- An article on holiday depression and how to help deal with it
- 6 ways to make the holidays bearable after losing a loved one
Teaching and Learning
- This website provides teachers, schools and districts with free resources to help struggling learners and implement interventions