WMS COVID-19 Resources (Spring 2020)
See below for some helpful resources for both students and parents to access.
- Newsletter for Parents from the RI Regional Prevention Coalition- COVID-19 & Social Distancing
- Another resource with great information and recommendations for families
- Building Good Mental Health
- Tips and strategies for mental health well being
- The Free Mindfulness Project
- The Free Mindfulness Project offers mindfulness resources as practiced in mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT), and other closely related approaches. This site catalogues a collection of free mindfulness resources, including guided meditations, poetry, and COVID-19 mindfulness activities.
- Calm and Headspace
- The “Calm” app and “Headspace” app are helpful and easy-to-use tools that help to reduce stress and anxiety. The apps offer breathing practices, meditation and sleeping guides, exercise videos, and mindfulness exercises!
- Coping with Stress During the 2019-nCoV Outbreak
- It is normal to feel sad, stressed, confused, scared or angry during a crisis. This info sheet developed by the World Health Organization provides readers with some tips for managing stress during the COVID-19 outbreak. This fact sheet is also available in the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish.
- Below are some great options for non-academic activities students & families can do while at home:
- URI Couple & Family Therapy Clinic offers free sessions during COVID-19 pandemic